PADI Divemaster Course
Since 1983 Pro Dive Cairns have been providing PADI Professional level training from Divemaster to Instructor rating. During this time we have developed an international reputation as the premier dive company in Cairns. You can expect the highest levels of quality, professionalism and value available in both diver education and liveaboard trips. Combined with our purpose built diver training centre and state of the art dive vessels you will have the best training environment in which to continue your professional diver education.
Your training is conducted on the Great Barrier Reef, renowned as the Eighth Wonder of the World and a declared World Heritage site. It encompasses 350,000 square kilometres of the South Pacific Ocean, extends for 2,000 kilometres, is made up of 2,900 individual reefs and 71 coral cays. Its’ ecosystem supports the greatest concentration of life on this planet including 1,500 species of fish, 350 different kinds of coral, 4,000 species of molluscs and 10,000 species of sponges. Water temperatures range from 22°C to 30°C allowing comfortable diving all year round.
The PADI Divemaster course is the first level of the PADI Professional ratings. As a PADI Divemaster you will hold the minimum rating for employment in the diving industry. Your qualification will allow you to supervise recreational diving activities (either boat or land based), work as an Instructional assistant on all PADI courses and is just one step away from a PADI Instructor rating.
Our 17 day course is a combination of theoretical classroom sessions and practical application during both pool and open water training of a number of PADI courses. Designed to give you the best possible experience, your course includes 2 x 3 day 2 night live aboard dive trips to the outer Great Barrier Reef. During these trips you will complete up to 20 dives consisting of a combination of training and recreational dives.
The pre-requisites for this course are PADI Rescue diver certification or equivalent, a minimum age of 18 years, a minimum of 20 (40 as of July 2011) logged dives & a current first aid certification completed in the last 24 months (PADI EFR will meet this requirement). In order to complete your certification you will need to have 60 logged dives. Any additional dives you may need to acquire these 60 dives can be arranged by Pro Dive Cairns.
Please bring with you on day 1: Advanced & Rescue certifications, 1st Aid certificate, log book, swimwear & a towel
- Every Friday
- An additional fee of AUD$70 per person – this fee consists of a AUD$19.50 government environment charge as well as a port departure tax and administration costs. This is payable direct to the Retail Shop after every trip.
- PADI Membership Application Fee: A membership application fee is payable directly to PADI upon completion of your course. The cost is AUD$187 (subject to change) and can be paid by credit card, money order or cheque (made out to PADI Asia Pacific)
- First Aid Certificate: All Divemaster candidates need to have a current First Aid certificate (valid within 24 months) and a current CPR (valid within 12 months) prior to starting the course. Please click here to organize a first aid course in Cairns: http://www.firstaidacademy.com.au/
- Dive Medical: All Divemaster candidates need to have a current dive medical stating that you are fit to dive prior to starting the course
- Camera Hire: We have Digital Underwater Camera’s available onboard for hire – the cost is AUD$40 per dive which includes your images burnt to CD
- PADI Instructor manual, PADI Divemaster manual, Encyclopedia of recreational diving, Divemaster slates, E-RDPML & embroided carry bag
- Passport photos if necessary
- Polo style T-shirt & name badge
- Accommodation transfers Cairns City & Northern Beaches
- 20 dives (weather permitting)
- 2 x 3 day 2 night liveaboard trips to the outer reef
- Twin cabin accommodation onboard
- All meals whilst onboard
- Bed linen
- All dive equipment - includes dive computer and wetsuit
- Corrective lens mask (if required)
- Torch and cyalume sticks for night diving
- Dive Insurance
You are highly advised to pre book your course/trip as availability may be limited if you wait until your arrival to Cairns. If you would like to make a booking, we require payment in full by credit card.
The Divemaster course is fully refundable up until the end of the first day of the course. Please note cancellation fees will apply if cancelling your Divemaster course after the first day.
- Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving – if in doubt please see your doctor before traveling
- In the interest of safety we recommend you do not fly within a 24-hour period after diving
- The above itinerary is a guide only and the times of dives may change
- The skipper will always adapt an itinerary to the prevailing weather, tides and currents
- Please advise if you have any dietary requirements & we will do our best to cater for you
- Everyone will be required to fill out a Medical Waiver Release and Indemnity Deed onboard the vessel
|Rates 2017/18||Per Person|
|Dive Master Course
Rates valid 01 April 2017 to 31 March 2018, per person and in Australian Dollars (Currency Converter).
|Rates 2016/17||Per Person|
|Dive Master Course
Rates valid 01 April 2016 to 31 March 2017, per person and in Australian Dollars (Currency Converter).
An additional fee of $140*/$150** for taxes and levies is included in the total shown. This fee consists of AU$39 Government Environmental Management charge as well as a Port Departure Tax and Administration costs.
* Until 31 March 2017
** Until 31 March 2018
Book With Confidence
The security of your personal information is important to us. The booking link (above) will take you to our SSL encrypted secure server to complete your booking.
When you book direct with us for any of our dive courses or dive trips you have the comfort and security of knowing that you will get a full refund should you decide to cancel your booking as long as you cancel in accordance with our cancellation policy.